Saturday, April 25, 2015

Week 38: Out to the Kilos

Ok so this week was pretty sweet!

Monday we played soccer and it was like insane. The rules are that we can play as long as it isn't like competitive and stuff. It got intense. I was getting fouled like crazy! I felt like the other team was lumberjacks with how much they were chopping at my legs! Anyways. 


Then we went to Dairy Queen and ate some ice cream and came home. It was good. Then we just planned out how we want the work in our new area to go. 

Tuesday was the Mission Leadership Meeting, which was really really good. I came in a little scared because everyone else had companions and stuff but it was super good! Then we came home and did our weekly planning for the rest of the week and review a little bit of the things I learned in the meeting. Then we went out to give a few lessons which turned into a new investigator and then on the way home some kid like yelled out to me and I said hi. He like ran up and just jumped onto the back of my bike. I was a little surprised and just looked at my companion and said something like, "is this kid serious"? Then the kid asked where we were going and I said home and he asked for a ride until we turned to go home. I said fine. Then he just jumped off when we got to the turn and he ran into an alley. Super weird haha

Wednesday was amazing as well! We went out to kilometer 11 to see a member and he was out getting his hair cut. He lives right by the river so we just went down and sat on some rocks while we waited and this lady said that we could go down and hang out at her floating boat house. We said ok and sat down. I asked about her family and stuff in hopes to share a message with her. We ended up sharing about the Plan of Salvation and she was really interested but said that she couldn't join because her family is Buddhist. Then we went out and found some old investigators from when I served here before. It was super cool, two of them, who were initially mad at me at first for leaving them (haha) and decided that they wanted to start learning again. So we picked up those investigators again, they are so great too! Then we had English class! I was so excited to finally get to be back at my old English class. We had a few minutes before class so I started contacting outside for people to come to class. This one boy name william said he would come and then he actually came to the class! It was cool. I sat at this table with william and a few others. One was a girl in college preparing for medical school. I really tried to make friends with them and make them feel comfortable. Then I was asked to share the spiritual thought and shared about Lehi's vision and then I challenged everyone to write down any question they have about the Gospel and we will answer it. Then William started asking me questions! He had some great questions. At the end of class william and the girl in college gave their phone numbers to the elders and stuff! It was amazing. They have already began teaching them. 

Thursday we had another weekly planning for next week and then went out to the kilos to see another old investigator. He is really nice and has a desire to keep learning and meeting with us. He is about to have another son and is really concerned for his family and their futures. Then we went to meet a member and see how they were doing. We were just walking when I felt a sudden splash of cold water. I turned and some kids were laughing. I was a victim of a malicious water balloon attack... Not too long ago, I was the hooligan throwing the balloons at the older kids. So now I guess the tables have turned. The lesson went well though.  :)

Friday was good. We had my very first zone training which was three hours of me sharing with my whole zone. It was a little stressful but we pulled through and I think we all came out learning at least one thing. Then we ordered some indian food and celebrated a member's birthday. It was really great!

Saturday was a doozy. We scheduled an appointment with a member who recently moved houses so we could know where they live. So he told us just get on this road that goes out to no where and just keep going. We ended up riding a little over 20 kilometers before we arrived at the place he told us to wait. Altogether it was around 25 miles. haha I'm sore. 

Sunday was awesome! Our elders quorum president called in the morning and wanted to visit some less actives before church, which is so cool. He doesn't have a bike though so I gave him a lift on the back of my bike. It was fine until he said he wanted to go to Kilometer 9. Ha so that was fun. Then it was church. First off, I love fast Sunday. Second, it is Easter Sunday! I was asked to play the piano last minute but it went ok. We had a record breaking 60 come to church! More than we've had in over six months. I felt like my heart was going to burst and I had to go up and bear my testimony of gratitude for all the Savior of the World has done for me. I am so blessed to be out here. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve. I know that Christ lives. I know that He took upon him the sins of the world, and that through Him we can be clean and we can live with our families forever. I love you all and hope you can show your gratitude this Easter Season! 

Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment